Here is some other information for you to consider:
- Please wear or bring comfortable clothing. For example, shorts and a tank-top are ideal.
- We have client bathrooms and changing facilities on-site.
- A creche is available for child minding on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings – Goolwa clinic only ($3, please phone to book)
- All appointments are for 30 minutes or longer
We strongly encourage booking a 60 minute initial session if you:
- Think you have a particularly complex or chronic problem
- Are commuting for a long period to reach our clinic
- Would like a resolution in the shortest possible time (ie. returning to sport, only available for treatment for a short period etc.)
- The fastest results requiring least number of sessions are achieved with appointments booked in close succession
- Your time is specifically reserved for you, with no overlap of clients.
- We ask you to understand the importance of our time-based scheduling to allow us to provide you with the best service possible, and that we are required to finish on time.
- It is also very helpful for you to write any questions you may already have before your appointment and bring the list with you.
Your first session
Our physiotherapy sessions consist of:
The Ridgway Method process – A unique problem solving process that allows us to resolve your condition in the shortest time-frame possible. It involves:
- A detailed discussion with you to work out what it is you truly want to achieve and how we could help you
- Hands-on testing of all possible related muscles, bones, joints and nerves
- An explanation of what faults cause your condition
- Manual treatments to effect a positive change
- Injury prevention management
- Your toolkit for self management
We are very encouraging of questions and comments during your sessions, so please ensure you speak up.
We also encourage as many people as possible to understand your condition, thus we welcome anyone to sit in and observe your sessions such as your partner/PT/coach (as long as you’re comfortable with it). The reason behind this is that we find clients progress much faster and achieve their good result in less time when they are well supported.